Mobil Cylinder oils are high performance high viscosity oils designed for use in enclosed worm gears operating at moderate to high speeds and temperatures, and where heavy loads, slow speeds or high temperatures demand high viscosity oils. They are also intended for use in steam engine cylinder applications. They are formulated from high quality base stocks that are resistant to oxidation and thermal degradation, and the build-up of harmful deposits caused by the high operating temperatures of steam cylinders. They protect against rust and corrosion and provide good film strength and excellent lubricity and they are resistant to water washout.
Mobil 600W™ Cylinder Oil, Mobil 600W™ Super Cylinder Oil and Mobil™ Extra Hecla Super Cylinder Oil are additized to enhance their frictional and load-carrying properties. All four members of the product family are widely used in worm gear applications, couplings and bearings, with viscosity grade depending on operating conditions. In steam applications Mobil 600W Super Cylinder Oil is recommended for saturated and superheated steam up to a temperature of 260ºC. Mobil Extra Hecla Super Cylinder Oil and Mobil Extra Hecla Super Cylinder Oil Mineral may be used with superheated steam above 260ºC. Mobil Extra Hecla Super Cylinder Oil Mineral has good demulsibility. Mobil Cylinder Oils can be applied both by drip feed cups and force feed mechanical lubricating devices.
Mobil 600W Cylinder Oil is recommended for the following applications:
• The splash lubrication of enclosed worm gears operating at moderate to high speeds and temperatures. (Mobil 600 W Cylinder Oil)
• Steam cylinders, couplings, bearings, and break-in of compressor cylinders (Mobil 600 W Cylinder Oil)
• Mobil 600W Super Cylinder Oil and Mobil Extra Hecla Super Cylinder Oil are recommended for the above applications but under higher temperature and load conditions
• Mobil Extra Hecla Super Cylinder Mineral is recommended where ready separation from condensate is essential, for example, where exhaust steam is used for process work
• Mobil Extra Hecla Super Cylinder Mineral may also be used as a tempering oil for bath temperatures up to 290ºC