***CHEVRON RECOMMENDS THIS PRODUCT AS A REPLACEMENT FOR THE ULTI-PLEX EP NGLI 1 AND 2 PRODUCTS RESPECTIVELY***
Delo® Grease ESI® HD EP is a comprehensive line of greases that are available with or without molybdenum disulfide. These greases are designed for plain and anti-friction bearing applications operating under high stress/high load conditions, coupled with high ambient temperatures typically found in heavy duty off-road applications.
Delo Grease ESI HD Moly 3% EP and Delo Grease ESI HD EP greases deliver value for the off-road construction and mining industries by offering:
• Corrosion and wear protection
• Water resistance in both submerged and direct pressure spray situations
• Shock load protection • Performance across a wide temperature range from extremely hot to extremely cold conditions, this unique Heavy Duty EP product line delivers when needed most
Delo Grease ESI HD EP greases are multipurpose, high performance products specially formulated for plain and anti-friction bearing applications operating under high stress/high load conditions, coupled with high ambient temperatures typically found in heavy duty off-road applications. Developed as a true contractors product, this line of grease was specifically designed to lubricate and protect equipment that is subjected to demanding conditions.
DELO® GREASE ESI® HD MOLY 3%
This tier of products features 3% moly sought after by many OEMs in off-road applications. These products are formulated using highly refined base oils in a lithium complex thickener system. They also feature better corrosion resistance, wear control, and shock loading than our basic Delo Grease ESI HD EP product. They provide very good protection over a wide temperature range.
DELO GREASE ESI HD EP
Our basic product which works in many applications and provides good protection from wear, shock loading, and fairly effective operating temperature range. This product features high viscosity index conventional oil in a lithium complex thickener system. The product also provides excellent corrosion protection. This product does not contain moly.
Delo Grease ESI HD EP greases are manufactured using select, highly refined base oils using a lithium complex thickener system that includes excellent rust and oxidation inhibitors coupled with extreme pressure and tackiness additives. The non-moly version is red in color and stringy in texture. Additionally, this comprehensive line includes 3% moly versions to meet the demands of OEM manufacturers who require molybdenum disulfide in the grease to meet required warranty specifications. These moly containing products are grey/black in color and stringy in texture.
The lithium complex thickener in Delo Grease ESI HD EP greases elevates the dropping point to approximately 265°C (510°F) making them excellent for use in applications where sustained high operating temperatures are common. Additionally, since they are all comprised of the same base formulation, they are compatible with one another.
These greases are recommended for applications operating over wide temperature ranges.
Delo Grease ESI HD EP greases are not intended for use in high-speed bearing applications such as those found in electric motors due to the greases’ high viscosity base stocks formulation. When in doubt, please consult your Chevron representative or OEM maintenance manual for application parameters when considering a switch to these greases.
Delo Grease ESI HD EP greases are ideal for a wide variety of Off-Road Construction applications across several industries:
• Off-Road Construction — These greases display outstanding water washout and spray-off resistance properties in wet, off-road environments and offer excellent shock load extreme pressure (EP) protection. Unique additive technology of these products makes them tenacious at adhering to metal surfaces found in this industry while protecting these vital components from rust and corrosion. Applications for the product include most types of heavy-duty earth moving machinery, including tractors (dozers), excavators, backhoes, shovels, high lifts, articulated loaders, haul trucks, tri-axle dumps and more. They are excellent for heavily loaded machine implement pins and bushings, and other applications operating in severe, high shockload environments where metal to metal contact wear often occurs. Since Delo Grease ESI HD EP greases are offered in 5% and 3% moly containing versions, they are also able to meet wide off-road OEM application ranges using one common product line, thus reducing field inventory. Because they are lithium complex thickened, the non-moly version is also excellent for mixed fleet applications where disc brake lubrication is required, such as pick-up trucks.
• Surface and Underground Mining and Quarry — Applications appropriate for these greases include those found above plus pins and bushings on buckets, loaders, shovels and continuous miners, shaker screens, crushers, and conveyors.
• Agriculture — Will serve as an excellent multipurpose heavy duty lubricant for both general and industrial farm and agricultural use, from medium to heavy duty front steer and articulated tractors and loaders to larger new rubber tracked units. These products will work well in many applications including three point hitches, high lift pins and bushings and other heavy duty farm related industrial machinery.
• Heavy Duty On/Off Highway Road Construction and Maintenance Vehicles — These products are well suited for greasing on/off road heavy duty tri-axle dump trucks and cement mixers that also find their way off road as much as on. Delo® Grease ESI® HD EP greases are an excellent choice for king pins, bushing and bucket pins, 5th wheels and other severe duty applications found on these types of vehicles. They are also ideally suited for on highway heavy duty applications as well as airport fixed ground operation snow and ice removal equipment, such as plows, blowers and salt spreaders when the preferred method of lubrication is by manual application. These products were formulated using a new rust inhibitor package tested with 0.5% mixtures of magnesium chloride and calcium chloride road de-icers and were proven to reduce rust and corrosion when these corrosive materials were present.
Delo Grease ESI HD EP greases meet the requirements of the Mack MG-C grease specification. They also meet Caterpillar recommendations for greases containing 3% molybdenum disulfide.