Castrol Radicool Heavy Duty Premix is a prediluted, ethylene glycol based coolant with an additive system designed for heavy duty applications. Castrol Radicool Heavy Duty Premix works over a wide operating temperature range for effective cooling to -36°F in all climates.
Castrol Radicool Heavy Duty Premix is engineered to deliver maximum protection in heavy duty diesel engines. It is a nitrate containing product suitable for use in trucks and off highway equipment requiring ASTM D6210 type performance. It is not generally recommended for use in passenger cars and light commercial vehicles.
Castrol Radicool Heavy Duty Premix is an amine, silicate and phosphate free formulation. It is a hybrid coolant combining the use of conventional inhibitors together with organic acid technology to provide a stronger performing coolant. This results in:
- Reduced maintenance and longer drain intervals.
- Optimum corrosion protection and freezing protection to -36°F
- 2 year service life
- No further dilution is necessary by the customer therefore providing ease of use and ensuring the correct quality and concentration of water is used at all times.
- Does not require an initial charge of SCA (Supplemental Coolant Additive), however SCA can be added as part of a planned maintenance schedule to extend service life as per manufacturer's instructions. This product is compatible with most of the reputable SCAs in the market place.
- Controls all forms of corrosion including cavitation corrosion of cylinder liners, especially those with wet liners, and other cast iron components.
- Good compatibility with hard water with reduced scale formation, which if not controlled can increase corrosion rates for cast iron and aluminium components. This also improves heat transfer properties to ensure engines run at optimum temperatures.
- Use of stable additives to reduce the risk of additive drop out and sludge formation.
- Compatible with all conventional rubber hoses, seals, gaskets and plastics used within heavy duty cooling systems.
- Contains bittering agent to minimize accidental ingestion impact.