Castrol LubeCon HTCL is a premium high-performance synthetic conveyor lubricant formulated for the demanding high temperature lubrication requirements found in industries such as foundries, the canning industry and aluminum processing. An advanced blend of esters and synthetic fluids, LubeCon HTCL exhibits extremely low volatility allowing for reduced lubricant consumption and a reduction in the deposition of residues.
LubeCon HTCL supports fluid film lubrication on chain pins and trolleys over a broad range of temperatures. The formulation includes anti-wear additives for enhanced boundary lubrication protection against surge loads and temperature extremes while also incorporating a package of corrosion and oxidation inhibitors.
- LubeCon HTCL is formulated for lubrication of roller chains and conveyor components benefiting from high temperature synthetic lubricant. Major applications include high temperature conveyor lines used in coating and curing processes.
- LubeCon HTCL is designed and most effective for chain operating temperatures between 350 °F /175 °C and 575 °F /300 °C.
- LubeCon HTCL is designed for application using automatic lubrication systems
- Extremely low volatility reduces application rate and frequency for reduced overall lubricant consumption
- Minimal residue formation plus self-clean action minimizes housekeeping.
- Pre-existing gum, varnish and carbonaceous residues are dissolved for easy removal.
- Lower lubricant application rates minimize dripping for reduced process contamination.
- Superior fluid film and anti-wear properties result in extended conveyor component life and reduced friction for potential energy savings
- Low VOCs contribute to a cleaner, safer workplace environment and improved operator acceptance.
LubeCon HTCL high temperature conveyor lubricant is compatible with petroleum based and most synthetic based lubricants. While LubeCon HTCL can dissolve even hardened chain deposits left by previously used lubricant, it is recommended that the chain be thoroughly cleaned prior to changeover to realize maximum benefit. If this is not feasible, run the chain through several cycles under no-load conditions when first applying LubeCon HTCL.
LubeCon HTCL should not be used around parts containing poly-carbonates as it can have a softening effect. Under no circumstances should it be used in conjunction with neoprene seals