Synthetic lubricant for compressors used in ammonia refrigeration systems in the food industry
CASSIDA FLUID RF 68 is high performance fluid specially developed for use in ammonia refrigeration compressors in the food and beverage processing industry. It is based on careful blend of fluids and selected additives chosen for their ability to meet the stringent requirements of food and beverage industry. Certified by NSF for ISO 21469 and registered by NSF (Class H1) for use where there is potential for incidental food contact. Produced according to LUBRITECH Quality Standards, in facilities where HACCP audit and Good Manufacturing Practice have been implemented and form part of the quality and hygiene management systems ISO 9001 and ISO 21469.
Certifications and Specifications
- NSF H1
- NSF ISO 21469
- DIN 51501-1 (KAA/KC)
- Base fluids have an ability to provide superior lubrication under the majority of operating conditions.
- Provide excellent control of deposits and sludge formation, particularly when used with ammonia. This permits extended oil drain intervals compared to mineral oil.
- Excellent high temperature and oxidation stability
- Neutral odor and taste
- High viscosity index enables easy starting at low temperatures and good lubrication at elevated operating temperatures.
- Good low temperature characteristics down to -40 °C/-40 °F
- The formulation facilitates rapid separation from the refrigerant in the oil separator.
- Recommended for use in open and semi-open compressors, both screw and reciprocating types. They are designed for applications with ammonia (R717) where they offer an excellent performance under high and low evaporation temperatures.
- They can also be used with isobutene (R600a) and CO2 (R744). Use in this case after consultation of the respective compressor OEM only. Seal and paint compatibility Compatible with the elastomers, gaskets, seals and paints such as poly-urethane and two part epoxy resin paints, frequently used on machinery and in lubrication systems employed in the food processing industry.
Handling and storage
All food grade lubricants should be stored separately from other lubricants, chemical substances and foodstuffs and out of direct sunlight or other heat sources. Store between 32 °F and 100 °F. Provided that the product has been stored under these conditions we recommend that the product be used within 5 years from the date of manufacture. Upon opening a pack, the product must be used within 2 years (or within 5 years of the date of manufacture, whichever is sooner).