Multifak® EP greases are multipurpose extreme pressure greases suitable for use in many industrial grease applications.
Multifak EP greases deliver value through:
• Good water resistance — Resistance to washout of bearings.
• Good corrosion protection — Inhibited to protect bearing surfaces.
• Good oxidation stability — Helps to support long life in storage and in use.
• Simplified lubrication — One grease designed to satisfy many different industrial grease requirements.
• Low oil separation tendency — Recommended for use in typical centralized lubrication systems.
Multifak EP greases are multipurpose extreme pressure greases suitable for use in many industrial grease applications.
Multifak EP greases are manufactured using selected highly refined medium viscosity index base oils, a lithium 12 hydroxystearate thickener, an extreme pressure additive, and rust and oxidation inhibitors.
NLGI grade 000 is red in color and stringy in texture.
NLGI grades 00, 0, 1 and 2 are amber in color and buttery in texture.
Multifak EP greases have high load-carrying capacity and, therefore, provide good protection of lubricated parts against wear. They provide good lubrication in the presence of water, protect bearing surfaces against corrosion, and have excellent resistance to oxidation, which supports long life in storage and in use.
Multifak EP greases are work stable. They resist separation or throw out from antifriction bearings. They have low oil bleeding tendency under pressure and are pumpable at low temperatures.
Multifak EP greases are suitable for use in typical centralized lubrication systems.
Multifak EP greases can satisfy a wide range of industrial and commercial grease applications.
Typical applications include:
• General Machinery - plain, antifriction, roller, and needle bearings
• Construction equipment
• Conveyors and run-out rolls
• Crusher, shaker, or classifier screen bearings
• Chassis lubrication
• Non-disc brake wheel bearings
Multifak EP greases are recommended for both plain and antifriction bearings and particularly for bearings subjected to shock loading. NLGI grades 1 and 2 comply with Timken’s recommendation for this service.
NLGI grade 000 is a semifluid grease formulated to meet the lubrication requirements of machinery having enclosed gear cases where housings and seals have lost their ability to retain conventional gear oils.
NLGI grades 0, 00, 2 are approved by SMS Group SN 180-1.
NLGI grades 000, 00 and 2 are listed in the GROB Lubricant Chart.
NLGI grades 1 and 2 are NLGI LB certified.