Clarity® Synthetic EA Hydraulic Oils are readily biodegradable high performance hydraulic oils that meet EPA Vessel General Permit (VGP) requirements for environmentally acceptable lubricants. They are designed to give maximum protection in hydraulic equipment used on vessels and in environmentally sensitive areas.
Clarity Synthetic EA Hydraulic Oils deliver value through:
• Environmentally acceptable — Meets the requirements of the EPA Vessel General Permit (VGP) for biodegradation, low toxicity and low bioaccumulation.
• Premium performance — Ashless formulation provides excellent protection against wear of hydraulic pumps, provides rust and corrosion protection, hydrolytic stability, water separability, foam inhibition, and filterability.
• Long oil life — Outstanding ability of the synthetic base stock to withstand oxidation at high operating temperatures results in maximum service life for the oil relative to vegetable-based readily biodegradable products.
• Excellent low temperature pumpability — Specifically developed with high viscosity index to ensure good low temperature fluidity for low temperature operations.
• Zinc-free — Suited for applications involving yellow metals found in axial piston pumps.
These lubricants are readily biodegradable, non-bioaccumulative, and minimally toxic. In the event of a spill, the product biodegrades by more than 60% within 28 days, minimizing the impact to the environment. Clarity Synthetic EA Hydraulic Oils are designed to give maximum protection in hydraulic equipment used in vessels and in both mobile and stationary hydraulic pumps in high-performance industrial applications. Clarity Synthetic EA Hydraulic Oils are formulated with synthetic base stock and an ashless, zinc-free additive system that provide exceptional oxidation stability, water separability, foam suppression, and protection against wear, rust and corrosion. Clarity Synthetic EA Hydraulic Oils are high VI synthetic products which allow for operation over a wide temperature range. Clarity Synthetic EA Hydraulic Oils are designed to the performance requirements of conventional antiwear hydraulic oils, while providing an additional benefit in case of leaks or incidental discharge to the environment. Clarity Synthetic EA Hydraulic Oils ISO 68 and 100 are recommended for use in marine stern tube applications.