TRIM SOL® is a soluble oil (emulsion) coolant concentrate which is the world standard general-purpose multi-metal coolant for general machining of ferrous and nonferrous materials. It has the lubricity and "guts" necessary to do heavy-duty machining center work and still provide the wetting and cooling necessary for high-speed turning and grinding operations.
- Proven to be highly effective in controlling built-up edge (BUE)
- Has a very wide application range and is often used in such diverse operations as production surface and centerless grinding, heavy-duty broaching, gear hobbing, and replacing straight oil on some types of screw machines
- Leaves a fluid, nongumming film to prevent sticky ways, chucks, tool holders, and fixtures
- Coolant residue is easily removed with either water, working solution, or aqueous cleaners
- Easy recycling or disposal with conventional techniques and equipment
- Runs effectively for long periods without the need for costly additives.
- Compatible with all ferrous and nonferrous materials, but not normally intended for use on long runs of gray cast iron or grades 40 or 60 nodular iron.
- Can run at lower concentrations for higher speed operations where heat removal is the key issue.
- Higher concentrations are recommended on soft, gummy materials and for lower speed operations where friction reduction and control of the BUE are critical.
- Concentrations of 7% and higher provide the best sump life with this product.
- For additional product application information, including performance optimization, please contact your Master Fluid Solutions' Authorized Distributor
Recommended Metalworking Concentrations
- Light duty 3.0% - 6.5%
- Moderate duty 6.5% - 8.5%
- Heavy duty 8.5% - 20.0%
- Design Concentration Range 3.0% - 20.0%
TRIM SOL especially for:
Applications — broaching, centerless grinding, cutting, gear hobbing, heavy-duty broaching, heavy-duty machining center work, high-speed turning, roll threading, sawing, surface grinding, thread forming, and turning
Metals — ferrous metals, nonferrous metals, and steels
Industries — aerospace, automotive, and medical
TRIM SOL is free of — amines, animal derived materials, boron, DCHA, MEA, NPEs, and phosphorous
- Recommended usage concentration in water: 3.0% - 20.0%.
- To help ensure the best possible working solution, add the required amount of concentrate to the required amount of water (never the reverse) and stir until uniformly mixed.
- Use premixed coolant as makeup to improve coolant performance and reduce coolant purchases. The makeup you select should balance the water evaporation rate with the coolant carryout rate.
- Use our Coolant Makeup Calculator to find the best ratio for your machine: apps.masterfluidsolutions.com/makeup/. Use mineral-free water to improve sump life and corrosion inhibition while reducing carryoff and concentrate usage.