Mobil Jet Oil II is formulated to meet the demanding requirements of aircraft-type gas turbines operating over a wide range of severe operating conditions. The product has a high specific heat in order to ensure good heat transfer from oil-cooled engine parts. Mobil Jet Oil II is recommended for aircraft gas turbine engines of the turbo-jet, turbo-fan, turbo-prop, and turbo-shaft (helicopter) types in commercial and military service. It is also recommended for aircraft-type gas turbine engines used in industrial or marine applications. Mobil Jet Oil II is approved against the Standard Performance (STD) classification of U.S. Military Specification MIL-PRF-23699.
- Excellent thermal and oxidation stability - Reduces the formation of carbon and sludge deposits
- Excellent wear and corrosion protection - Extends gear and bearing life
- Retains viscosity and film strength across wide temperature range - Provides effective lubrication at high operating temperatures
- Chemically stable - Reduces evaporation losses and lowers oil consumption
- Low pour point - Eases start-up in low ambient temperature conditions