Castrol Tribol™ CS 890 (previously called Tribol 890 Range) compressor oils are fully synthetic ester based lubricants formulated for long service life and clean deposit-free operation. They are manufactured in several viscosity grades to satisfy the lubrication needs of the most demanding air compressor applications (as well as many other process gases).
- Rotary vane and rotary screw compressors: Tribol CS 890/32 and 890/68 are designed for vacuum pumps and rotarycompressors where circulation systems inject oil directly into the air stream to lubricate, cool and seal the compressor.The Tribol CS 890 range performs better than petroleum oils in flooded rotary vane and screw compressors. Byminimizing varnish and carbon deposits, it can extend drain intervals from 1,000 hours to more than 5,000 hours in mostvane compressors. Under normal use oil-flooded screw compressor drain intervals can be extended to over 8,000hours with maximum air discharge temperatures <100°C, as defined by ISO 6743-3:2003. Tribol CS 890 can also beused in compressor units operating under severe conditions with maximum air discharge temperatures of >100°C withreduced oil drain intervals.
- Reciprocating compressors: Tribol CS 890/100 is used for both crankcase and upper cylinder lubrication inreciprocating compressors for either normal or severe duty lubrication, as defined by ISO 6743.
- Hydraulic and circulating systems, gears, bearings: where rust and oxidation inhibited (R&O) turbine type circulating oilsare specified. Tribol CS 890 is particularly well suited where operating temperatures ranges are too extreme forpetroleumbased oils. Tribol CS 890 is classified as follows: DIN 51506 classification - VBL, VCL and VDL. ISO 6743/4 -DAG, DAH and DAJ for rotary air compressors also DAA, DAB for trunk pistons at high pressure and high temperature(Viscosity grade 100).
- Excellent thermal and oxidative stability leads to longer operating life and reduce lubricant costs. Can last up to 4to 8 times longer than mineral based compressor oils depending on operating conditions.
- Natural cleansing action prevents the formation and build-up of varnish, sludge or deposits. This prevents valvewear and sticking, allows more efficient re-compression and provides clean intercoolers. The resulting benefitsare less heat generation, reduced fire potential as well as reduced energy input required for constant dischargecapacity and overall improved compressor efficiency.
- Low volatility means less oil contamination of plant air, greater demister efficiency, less maintenance of filtersand separators and reduced oil consumption.
- Natural oil film strength and lubricity with additional load carrying and antiwear additives providing excellent wearprotection and reduced downtime from unscheduled maintenance.
California Prop. 65 WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Aniline, 2-Naphthylamine, 1-Naphthylamine, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov