Water-glycol based fire resistant hydraulic fluid suitable for hydraulic pumps operating at pressures up to 3000 psi.
Castrol AnvolTM WG 46 is an HF-C type water-glycol fire-resistant hydraulic fluid, containing anti-wear additives and corrosion inhibitors. It provides excellent protection against rust and vapor phase corrosion. In hydraulic pump tests, Anvol WG 46 has shown high levels of anti-wear performance. Its foam resistance, low temperature flow, emulsion stability and storage stability are also excellent.
Anvol WG 46 is for use in hydraulic systems where, in the event of fluid leakage, there is a significant risk of ignition. Examples of applications include furnace doors, die-casting machines, forging machinery and mining equipment. It can be used in vane, gear or piston-type pumps with pressures up to 3000 PSI. As with any water containing fluid, continuous high temperature leads to excessive evaporation. The water content should be checked regularly in service and any corrections made by addition of distilled or de-ionized water. Occasional monitoring of alkalinity is recommended to ensure the correct level of corrosion inhibition. Care should be taken to ensure the hydraulic system is designed for using water glycol-based fluids. Care should also be taken to ensure the compatibility of Anvol WG 46 with paints, seals and metals, and also ensure that the hydraulic pumps and filters used are suitable. A thorough draining and flushing procedure should be followed when converting from other fluids to water glycol-based solutions. Anvol WG 46 is fully compatible with nitrile, neoprene, silicone, nylon, butyl rubber and fluropolymer seal materials. Anvol WG 46 meets the fire resistance requirements of: 7th Luxembourg Report FM Global 6930
• Excellent anti-wear performance: gives wear protection and reduces downtime from unscheduled maintenance.
• Excellent fire resistance: cannot be ignited in spray ignition tests.
• Excellent glycol in water stability: true solution means longer service and storage life.
• Outstanding corrosion protection: provides protection below the liquid surface and in the vapor phase.
• Exceptionally low pour point: ensures consistent performance over a wide temperature range.